Make this Apple Monkey Bread that tastes great! This recipe can also be called Apple fritter cinnamon roll bake or Apple fritter monkey bread. Whatever you call it, you’re not going to want to miss it.
Apple Monkey Bread
One of my most popular recipes, all fall long, is my apple fritter cinnamon roll bake, AKA apple fritter monkey bread, AKA apple monkey bread. So many different things to call this. It’s basically Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with apples and that glaze. So good!
2 medium apples peeled, cored, and diced small (about 1 1/2 cups apples)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon (5ml) water
1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls 5 rolls
5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
⅓ cup (67g) packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon (5 ml) heavy whipping cream or milk optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C .
- Add small diced apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cook on high power for 2-3 minutes, or until apples are just slightly translucent.
- Drain well.
- While the apples are cooking, cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces.
- They’ll fall apart a little, that’s okay.
- Sprinkle the pieces evenly in the prepared pan.
- Once the apples are done, drain them well and sprinkle them over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Stir the melted butter and brown sugar together, then pour over the top of the apples and cinnamon rolls.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes or until cooked through in the center.
- Just before serving, place the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls in a small bowl.
- Heat for about 10 seconds so it’s pourable.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream (or milk) to make it more of a glaze, then pour over the top of the casserole.
- Serve warm or room temperature.