Want to make a very simple and easy Baked Chicken Breast for lunch and dinner? Check out this recipe!
Baked Chicken Breast
For your Baked Chicken Breast to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method. I’m showing you how to make Easy Lemon Herb Baked Chicken Breasts. This is a super easy and super flavorful way to make perfectly juicy chicken breasts in the oven.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
1 large lemon thinly sliced
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- To start you’ll need 1/2 a cup of lemon juice and I like mine freshly squeezed so I’m gonna cut the lemons in half and juice them until I have 1/2 cup.
- It took me about 2 and 1/2 lemons to get to half a cup but that always varies just a little bit.
- Now while you still have your lemons out you should also slice some/ We’re gonna place these slices on top of our chicken breasts while they bake so you want to slice them kind of thin/ No need to cut them thick.
- Next we’re gonna make the rest of our marinade you You can do this in a shallow dish but today I’m gonna use a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.
- So I’m gonna pour my lemon juice into that bag along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Then you’ll need 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and about 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Then we’re gonna add our 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts straight into the bag.
- Then we’re gonna seal up our bag and we’re gonna switch this around so that everything gets mixed up and the chicken gets evenly coated.
- You can let this marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours if you want to make it ahead.
- When you’re ready to bake you’ll want to pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees Celsius, then we’ll lightly grease a little baking dish with a little nonstick cooking spray and add our chicken breast.
- Just lay them out in a single layer. And a little food safety tip for you make sure you discard any extra marinade, don’t just drizzle it on the top.
- Then we’re gonna lay those lemon slices that we sliced earlier right on top of our chicken breasts.
- Then we’re gonna bake these in the 230 degree oven for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Your Baked Chicken Breast is ready!