Jacket potato or Baked potato is a typical food of English cuisine that consists of baking the white potato for 2 hours in an oven (6-12 minutes in the microwave), until it is soft inside, it is cut in half And it can be buttered on top or also a salad called coleslaw which is a mixture of cabbage, carrot, onion and mayonnaise or they are also often served covered with cheese and fried onion.
Learn how to make a delicious Baked Potato with this simple and easy recipe!
Today I will show you how to make the perfect baked potato. Mmm, this baked potato is really easy to make, it has a nice outer shell when it is done, nice soft inner part, with a variety of yummy toppings, mmm can’t be beat.
1 large russet potato (you can use other kinds)
1 to 2 tablespoons of Olive oil (you can use vegetable or canola)
1 pinch of kosher salt (or any course salt)
- Toppings (optional)
1 tablespoon of butter
2 to 3 tablespoons of sour cream or creme fraiche
1 tablespoon of freshly chopped yellow onion
A few pinches of freshly shredded cheddar cheese
1 strip of bacon (cooked and chopped)
a pinch of green onion (chopped)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- First let’s preheat our oven to 350 degrees F. Now what we do we will take the potato, this is a good-sized potato, and I washed it really well.
- And now what we do is we will take a fork and go ahead and poke holes in it.
- Ok and that will let the steam out of the baked potato while it is baking.
- And now what we will do is take a bowl like so, and then we will take some olive oil, or you can use canola oil or whatever oil you want, we will go ahead and drizzle some on there.
- And then we are going to take some kosher salt or any kind of course salt really, and nice, get it all over the edge, make sure the baked potato is all nice and covered with this oil and salt, and it will like that.
- And now what we will do is we are going to place this right on the rack in the oven, we won’t cover it in foil.
- And we are going to bake this for one hour and fifteen minutes to one hour and half.
- Now once it is out of the oven it is looking mighty tasty, we will go ahead and cut open the top hear, feel how nice and soft it is.
- Now I am going to start with some butter, got some melted butter, it is about a tablespoon of butter, and I am going to do a little bit of kosher salt, some pepper, some sour cream, onions, course the cheese, the star of the toppings, the bacon, and we will top it off with some green onion.
- Your Baked Potato is ready!