Learn how to make Banana Muffins in a simple and easy way with this recipe!
Banana Muffins (Mini Banana Bread)
When you’ve got just one banana sitting on your counter you’ve got the perfect amount to make a banana bread for one. It’s true you can make this banana bread with just one banana and a few pantry staples.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted (plus more for greasing the ramekin)
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl we’re going to whisk together a quarter of a cup of flour, a quarter of a teaspoon of baking soda, a quarter of a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/8 of a teaspoon of salt. You’ll add that to the bowl.
- I’m just going to mix it together.
- We’re going to set this bowl aside and get another bowl. We’re going to take our one banana. The riper the banana the sweeter the banana bread. You’re going to peel it and add it to the bowl. And we’re gonna get a fork, and we’ll mash the banana right in the bowl.
- And to the banana we’ll add two tablespoons of sugar. We’ll mix the sugar in the banana together.
- Okay, and then we’re going to add in a tablespoon of butter that we melted, one egg yolk, and 1/2 of a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- And we’ll mix these together.
- Okay, next we’ll take our dry ingredients and pour them into our wet ingredients.
- And we’ll mix them together.
- And then we’ll take a lightly buttered 8 ounce ramekin, or a baking dish of similar size, and we’re going to pour the batter into the ramekin.
- And then we’re going to bake this in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Your Banana Muffins (Mini Banana Bread) is ready!