Let’s prepare a Basque Burnt Cheesecake with this perfect recipe, check it out!
Basque Burnt Cheesecake
To prepare your Basque Burnt Cheesecake, use the ingredients listed below and follow the instructions in the preparation mode.
450g cream cheese
230g heavy cream (thickened cream)
90g caster sugar, 10g lemon juice
3 large eggs
12g cake flour
5g vanilla extract
- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge 30 minutes in advance to soften it;
- Line the cake tin with baking paper. The baking paper should be approx. 2 cm higher than the baking tin. If you only have small sized baking paper, stack 2 sheets together and put them in the tin;
- After the cream cheese has softened, place it in a bowl.
- Beat at low speed with an electric beater/mixer;
- Then, beat on medium speed until it becomes very smooth;
- Add in caster sugar and continue to beat;
- Beat until you can no longer feel the graininess of sugar;
- Add one egg at a time;
- Beat evenly at a medium speed to incorporate the egg;
- Then, add the next egg;
- Add the third egg;
- Beat until the batter is fine and without any lumps;
- Now, we’re going to prepare the thickened cream mixture. Sift the cake flour into another bowl.
- Pour half of the thickened cream into the bowl and mix it with the cake flour.
- Pour in the remaining thickened cream and stir well;
- Add in vanilla extract;
- Pour in the lemon juice, then stir the mixture until smooth;
- Pour the thickened cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture;
- Stir the mixture thoroughly until smooth;
- Run the mixture through a sieve;
- Then pour the mixture into the cake tin;
- Tap the cake tin against the table to remove some bubbles;
- Place the cake tin in an oven that has been preheated to 210ºC for 40-45 mins. Put the tin in the middle of the oven so the cake can bake evenly;
- The freshly baked cake is still jiggly;
- The cake will shrink a little after cooling, Store in the fridge for 4 – 6hrs. The cake tastes better after cooling in the fridge.