Bibimbap is a popular Korean food dish, literally meaning “mixed rice” or “mixed food.” It consists of a bowl of rice with vegetables and meat on top. When eating it, the ingredients should be stirred and added sesame oil and gochujang (red hot pepper paste). It is usually served alongside a soup and another side dish.
Learn how to make your Bibimbap with this simple and easy recipe!
Bibimbap with Secret Gochujang Sauce
Bibimbap has a variety of vegetables so the color is beautiful and healthy… And you know what? The biggest influence on the taste of Bibimbap is beef gochujang sauce. In this recipe i will show you how to make it easy. Okay, let’s get started.
100g bean sprouts
35g shiitake mushroom
1tbsp ground beef
1 bowl rice
1tsp soy sauce
1tbsp vegetable oil
1tbsp sesame oil
- For the first step i’m gonna blanch bean sprouts and spinach. But before that, take off the thin tails of bean sprouts.
- Now pour water into a pot. And turn on the heat. And add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- When the water starts to boil, blanch the bean sprouts for 3 minutes, and rinse in cold water.
- And then blanch the spinach for 10 seconds and rinse in cold water as well.
- Now season spinach with one teaspoon of sesame oil,a pinch of salt and one teaspoon of soy sauce.
- And also season bean sprouts with one teaspoon of sesame oil and a pinch of salt.
- Now thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms, zucchini and carrots.
- Place the pan on medium high heat and stir fry them with a pinch of salt.
- And now i’m going to make beef gochujang the secret of Bibimbap. Place the pan on medium heat and add one tablespoon of grounded beef and stir fry it.
- When the beef is almost cooked, turn down the heat to low and add one tablespoon of sugar, one tablespoon of gochujang, one tablespoon of water, half tablespoon of sesame oil and stir fry it until the water is completely gone. When it feels sticky turn off the heat.
- Now put all ingredients in a bowl. This time i’m gonna use Ttukbaegi aka Korean stone bowl.
- Lastly turn on the heat. and when you hear a sizzling sound, turn off the heat two minutes later.
- Finally add some sesame oil.
- Your Bibimbap with Secret Gochujang Sauce is ready!