A muffin is a pastry product made with sweet bread and other ingredients, especially sweets. Cooked in the oven in standard molds, they have a cylindrical base and a wider surface, shaped like a mushroom. The bottom part is usually wrapped with special pastry or aluminum paper, and although its size can vary, it has a diameter smaller than that of the palm of an adult person.
Learn how to make Blueberry Muffins in an easy and simple way!
I’ll be showing you how to make these fluffy and moist blueberry muffins.
They are loaded with a ton of blueberries and they’re topped with a simple and delicious brown sugar streusel!
- Muffin batter
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup heavy cream
4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
1 1/2 cup blueberry + 1 tbsp flour
- Streusel topping
1 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine two cups of all-purpose flour, a teaspoon of baking powder, half a teaspoon of baking soda, and a quarter teaspoon of salt;
- Then whisk it all together and reserve one tablespoon of that flour mixture;
- Now mix that reserve tablespoon of the flour mixture with one-and-a-half cups of fresh blueberries;
- Now add three eggs into a large bowl and whisk them on high speed using an electric mixer for 3 minutes;
- Then continue beating the eggs as you slowly add one cup of granulated sugar (for more 3 minutes);
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice;
- Now continue beating the egg mixture as you slowly add 3/4 cups of heavy cream;
- Now you can begin adding your dry ingredients, but don’t do it all at once. So get a sifter out and then add about a third of that flour mixture at a time with mixing in between;
- Once you’ve got all of your dry ingredients well combined into the muffin batter, continue beating with your electric mixer as you slowly gradually add in four tablespoons of melted unsalted butter;
- Add the blueberries and stir;
- Now line your muffin tin with cupcake liners and begin scooping the batter out using a large cookie scoop.
- In a small bowl combine a 1 tablespoon of unsalted cold cubed butter, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar;
- Mash that all together using a fork until the ingredients are well combined and they have a crumbly texture to them;
- Now top the blueberry muffins with the streusel topping and bake them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes;
- Your Blueberry Muffins is ready!