Brown rice, also called cargo rice, brown rice or brown rice, is husked rice, from which only the outer shell or glume, inedible, has been removed. It preserves the whole germ with the layer of bran that surrounds it, which gives it a light brown color.
Learn how to make Brown Rice with this simple and easy recipe!
Have I got a trick for you to cook brown rice.
With this clever technique, you can easily whip up a big batch to keep on hand for any recipe calling for cooked rice.
1 teaspoon of salt
4 cups of water
2 cups of brown rice
- First, dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt into 4 cups of water.
- In a three-quart rectangular baking dish, combine the water mixture with 2 cups of brown rice.
- Give it a quick stir to evenly disperse the ingredients.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in a 350-degree oven for 1 hour.
- Your Brown Rice is ready!