Learn how to make a delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip with this simple and easy-to-make recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
I’m showing you how to make an easy Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Check the ingredients and follow the step-by-step directions!
8 oz cream cheese softened (226g)
½ cup ranch dressing 115ml
½ cup buffalo wing sauce 115ml
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/3 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese divided (170g, divided)
2 cups well-shredded chicken* 275g
2 Thinly sliced green onions for topping optional
Corn chips, crackers, toasted bread slices, etc. for dipping
- Now, the first thing you want to do is pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Next, you’re going to want to grab 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, and we’ll drop this into a large mixing bowl.
- While an electric mixer is not absolutely required, I like to use one to beat the cream cheese until it’s nice and smooth. If you don’t have a mixer you can do this step by hand.
- Next, we’re going to add 1/2 cup each of ranch dressing and buffalo sauce.
- Now, many recipes out there use sour cream rather than ranch dressing, but in my opinion nothing goes with buffalo sauce quite like ranch does.
- We’re also going to add a couple of spices. I like to use 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- So, let’s go ahead and mix everything together until it’s nice and smooth.
- Next, you’re going to need 2 cups of shredded chicken.
- Now, I personally love to add some cheese into my dip as well. We’re going to be adding 1 cup and I like to use sharp cheddar. This is a blend of sharp yellow and sharp white and I graded it myself just because it’s going to melt a lot better than the cheese that you buy pre-shredded in the bag.
- I will also add some thinly sliced green onions. This is 2 onions, 2 green onions that is.
- Now, we’ll just use our spatula to stir everything together until this mixture is nice and smooth and completely combined.
- You can make this dip in a cast iron pan or an 8×8 baking dish. I personally like to use either a pie plate or this cute, decorative, I think it’s a quiche plate, I’m not sure but, we’re going to be using this today. We’ll spread this evenly into our dish.
- Then, I like to take an additional 1/4 cup of cheese and just sprinkle this over the top now.
- We’ll take this over to our oven and we’ll bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes or until it’s nice and bubbly.
- If you’d like you can sprinkle a few more thinly sliced green onions on top before serving.
- Your Buffalo Chicken Dip is ready!