A Caesar salad is a salad of romaine lettuce and croutons (pieces of toasted bread) with lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. The original Caesar salad does not contain chicken, although it is usually added to it.
The inventor of this salad was the chef of the Cardini restaurant, Remigio Murgia, although the dish was named Caesar salad in honor of the owner and also chef César Cardini. This salad is very popular and has become internationalized, being possible to find it in various restaurants around the world.
In its original form, this salad was prepared fresh in front of the diner and served at the side of the table.
Learn how to make your Caesar Salad with this simple and easy recipe!
Caesar Salad is just the ultimate classic of the salads and it includes ingredients
like romaine– like I have here, Parmesan, and garlic, and it’s just such a super tasty
10 cups of romaine lettuce
two cups of parmesan garlic croutons
1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
three anchovy filets
three tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
three cloves of peeled garlic
one cooked egg yolk
one tablespoon of Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
one halved garlic clove
a dash of pepper
- Caesar dressing
- You’re gonna need a blender or a food processor and we’re just going to start by putting in the anchovy fillets, the lemon juice, and the 3 whole cloves of garlic.
- Okay, so let’s just pop the lid on and we’re just gonna blend this until just kind of like it gets nice and smooth together.
- Add in the olive oil, the yolk; add in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce.
- We’re gonna blend this until smooth and if we need to scrape down the egg yolk as we’re going, we’ll do that but let’s just take a look and see how we do.
- We’re actually going to cover it with Saran Wrap and let it chill for 2 hours (It’s best if you can let it chill for 24 but if you don’t have time, 2 will do just fine).
- Caesar Salad
- Now, we’re going to take our halves garlic and just kinda rub it along the sides of bowl.
- So, let’s now add the croutons in, and the dressing.
- Now, we are going to toss this now.
- Okay, now we’re gonna sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and then we’re going to add the pepper.
- Your Caesar Salad is ready!