They are cakes on a stick, or rather, cake popsicles. The novelty is made with cake dough and chocolate frosting and has been a practical way to serve cake to children at parties, in addition to counting many points in the decoration. You can create themed cakesicles, harmonizing with the themes and colors of the event.
Learn how to make your own Cake Pops with this simple and easy recipe!
What do you get when you combine cake with lollipops? Cake pops of course!
And they’re pretty easy to make too!
White, Dark, Milk Chocolate
- Break the cake up into a fine crumb with your hands, the finer, the better (you can use basically any kind of cake for this);
- Add a heaping spoonful of frosting. You can use any flavour (we used storebought vanilla)
- Now use your hands again to incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs (The consistency you’re looking for is similar to play dough, it should hold together without being sticky).
- Use a tablespoon to measure out roughly 2 tablespoons of dough then roll them between your palms to form an even a ball and repeat this for the rest of the dough.
- Next dip the end of a popsicle or cake pop stick into melted chocolate, we used white chocolate but milk or dark work as well.
- Stick the chocolate covered end into a ball of dough and repeat for each cake pop.
- These now need to chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes just until the chocolate has hardened.
- Now all that’s left to do is dip your cake pops in more melted chocolate of your choice.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Your Cake Pops is ready!