Learn how to make a delicious Calamari Salad recipe in a simple and easy way.
Today we prepare a 19th-century Neapolitan recipe. See the list of ingredients needed to prepare Calamari!
pioppini (poplar) mushrooms
1 cup tomato passata
1 red onion
extra virgin olive oil
- First, we need to rehydrate the raisins and wash away some of the salt from the capers.
- Then we cut the calamari and clean the mushrooms.
- Put some extra virgin olive oil in the pot.
- When it’s hot, add the onion and make a soffritto.
- Then add the passata (The original recipe suggest to add some water, but this step depends on how thick your passata is.).
- Then add the calamari and the pioppini mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Become tender again with a long cooking, after 30 minutes or more if you use bigger calamari.
- Then add the raisins, the olives, the pine nuts, and the capers, and cook for one minute.
- Your Calamari is ready!