Learn how to make a recipe for Caponata of Eggplant (Aubergine). It’s easy and simple to do!
Caponata of Eggplant (Aubergine)
For your Caponata of Eggplant (Aubergine) to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
1 large chopped onion
10 minced garlic cloves
1 large chopped tomato
1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 large red pepper chopped
2 large chopped eggplants
200g chopped green olives
1 cup raisins, half white and half black
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
2 tablespoons of oregano
salt to taste
- I used a large pot to make it easier to mix the ingredients. Add olive oil, onion. Expect to wither a little.
- Add garlic. Expect to wither more.
- Add tomato. And with each addition, mix.
- Add the whole eggplant. Mix.
- Wait to wither, before adding the peppers.
- Add all the peppers. Mix.
- Add the olives together with the water in the sachet.
- Mix. Then add 2 tablespoons of oregano.
- Mix before adding salt.
- Experiment and adjust the salt according to the size of the vegetable.
- Add the raisins. This ingredient cannot be missing.
- Expect to wither more and I will turn off the fire.
- Place the caponata on the glass, still warm.
- I added a little olive oil just in the beginning.
- And wait for it to cool a little. And only after cooling, add the oil.
- Your Caponata of Eggplant (Aubergine) is ready!