Learn how to make a Cauliflower Cheese recipe in a simple, easy and quick way!
Today I’m going to show you how to make this easy cauliflower cheese, super simple and it just so happens to be gluten free – less effort less washing up but still with all that creamy cheesy flavour.
1 medium cauliflower broken into small florets
240 ml (1 cup) double (heavy) cream
150 g (1 1/2 cups) Mature/strong Cheddar cheese, grated (use a vegetarian version if required)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- I’ve got the oven preheating to 200 C or 400 F and a large pan of water coming to the boil so we can par cook the cauliflower.
- Chop one large or too small cauliflower into florets.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a steam basket over a pan of simmering water and place the lid on top, or if you haven’t got a steam basket you can just boil it in water instead, so now we steam or boil that cauliflower for about five minutes until it’s just tender but not soft.
- After five minutes remove the cauliflower from the steamer or drain over a colander if you’ve boiled it.
- Now pour two tablespoons of the cream into a baking dish or a cast-iron pan then sprinkle on two tablespoons of the cheese.
- Arrange half of the cauliflower in a single layer.
- Then top with half of the remaining cream and quarter of the remaining cheese and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining cauliflower then pour on the remaining cream sprinkle on the rest of the cheese and a good pinch of salt pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- And that’s my super simple cauliflower cheese, easy less washing up and gluten-free too!