Let’s prepare a delicious chicken alfredo with this simple and easy recipe!
I’m showing you how to make Classic Chicken Alfredo.
Chicken Alfredo is a classic comfort food.
For your Chicken Alfredo to be delicious, use the ingredients below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
- Chicken Alfredo
1 pound diced boneless skinless chicken breast (1-inch cubes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
½ pound fettuccine (or other pasta)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish, optional)
¼ cup butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 ½ cups half and half
½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- To start off we’re going to cube up about 1 pound of chicken, which is equal to about 2 chicken breasts.
- To start we’re going to get about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan heated up over medium high heat.
- Once you feel that heat coming off go ahead and add in your chicken.
- We’re going to add in 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- We’re going to give that a good stir and brown that chicken up, which should take about 6-8 minutes, and now we’re going to remove it from the pan.
- Remove that pan from the heat, and leave those drippings in there, and let’s get a pot of water going for our pasta. Make sure to salt that water.
- We’ve got our water boiling and we’re going to cook 1/2 pound of pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Our pasta is boiling, and now it is time for the sauce. Let’s get our pan over low-medium heat. To start our sauce we’re adding in 4 tablespoons of butter, and 4 tablespoons of flour.
- We’re going to whisk this together and let that come to a nice golden brown color. As this browns up you’re going to smell a nuttiness that comes out, that’s the flour cooking, and that’s a really important step with this process.
- The rue has reached the golden stage that I’m looking for, and now I’m going to add in 2 1/2 cups of half and half.
- Make sure you whisk the half and half constantly, and if you don’t have half and half in your country, you can definitely use half milk and half cream, or you could also use full cream for a really rich, delicious sauce.
- Our sauce has thickened up a bit and we’re going to add in 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Whisk that altogether and add in 2 cups of parmesan cheese.
- Stir this altogether until it’s well incorporated.
- We want the sauce’s consistency to be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- We’re going to add in our chicken, give it a good stir, and our sauce is done.
- Our sauce and our pasta are done and you are ready to eat. Your Chicken Alfredo is ready!