Chicken curry, chicken curry or chicken curry is a recipe common to the cuisines of South Asia (especially India), East Asia, United Kingdom (this country spread the recipe to the world but is not its creator) and the Caribbean. It typically consists of chicken in an onion and tomato-based sauce, flavored with ginger, garlic, chilli, and a variety of spices, often including cumin, cinnamon, and cardamom. It is sometimes made with industrial curry powder. Milk can also be added to reduce its pungent taste.
Learn to make Chicken Curry with this simple and easy recipe!
In my recipe, I don’t go heavy on the spices however, the chicken curry flavour will be amazing.
1 onion 95g
1.5 teaspoons turmeric
1 tablespoon garam masala
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 liter cold water
- Cut 1kg of chicken into big pieces.
- In a pan add 65g of vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add diced onions.
- Fry the onion until it turns yellowish.
- Add the garlic and ginger and let it cook for a bit.
- Add the turmeric.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Keep stirring until it’s well cooked.
- When the water in the tomato has evaporated and the oil is seperating on the side, then add the cumin and masala.
- Add the chicken, set heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 liter water.
- Once the water is boiling, add salt.
- Put the lid on and let it boil for 25 minutes on medium heat.
- At the end, sprinkle some cilantro on top.
- Your Chicken Curry is ready!