Chicken Parmesan, or Chicken Parmesan, is a dish consisting of breaded chicken breast topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella, Parmesan, or provolone cheese. Sometimes a slice of ham or bacon is added. colloquially in the United States as chicken parm4 and in Australia as parma, parmi, or parmy.
Learn how to make your Chicken Parmesan in a simple, easy and fast way!
Chicken parm is one of those dishes that people feel very strongly about so just know that there are a ton of ways of making this dish. And the way that I personally like to make it, is that I like to make this dish entirely in the oven! So as you can probably guess, I won’t be frying the chicken. I’ll actually be baking it so if you are watching your figure, or perhaps maybe getting in shape for a wedding or a special event, then this is a recipe that is definitely for you!
I will be sharing some tips and tricks to help you get this chicken parm perfect each and every single time. Let’s go ahead and get started!
3 Chicken Cutlets Thinly Sliced
3 cups Marinara Sauce
3 cups Plain Bread Crumbs (Panko or Regular)
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
3 Large Eggs
1 tbs Dried Basil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Dried Italian or Greek Orégano
2 tsp Kosher Salt
Black Pepper to Taste
- Making chicken parm is super easy and the secret is all about using a good sauce. Now first things first, we want to mix together our breadcrumbs and keep in mind that you can use regular breadcrumbs or Panko or even both.
- We’re then going to add some grated Parmesan cheese along with some dried basil, and some Italian or Greek oregano, a small pinch of salt, and some fresh black pepper.
- We’re now going to mix everything until it’s well combined. Set that off to the side and so we need it later on.
- We’re now going to begin seasoning our chicken cutlets by using some kosher salt, and you want to make sure to use a light hand when seasoning your chicken because honestly the sauce and the cheese is what gives this dish all of its yumminess.
- And once you’ve seasoned them on one side, we’re gonna go ahead and turn them over and do the same thing on the other side.
- Dip them into some whisked eggs, and then we’re going to dip them into our seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Place them onto a roasting rack or a regular sheet pan.
- We’re now going to set our oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 Celsius), and once our oven has come up to temperature we’re gonna go ahead and place the chicken into the oven and cook it for 10 minutes.
- And after 10 minutes, we’re gonna go ahead and we’re going to flip them over and allow them to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a refractory, add tomato sauce.
- Add the breaded chicken steaks.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Repeat the sauce and steak steps.
- Add cheese.
- Bake again for 10 or 20 minutes.
- Your Chicken Parmesan is ready!