I’m so excited to be showing how to make these mini chicken pot pies.
See how simple and easy this recipe is to make!
Chicken Pot Pie
Check out the necessary ingredients and follow the preparation method for your Chicken Pot Pie to be perfect!
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup Onion
1/2 cups chopped carrots
1 lb chicken breast
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 package puff pastry
- Start off by melting 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 a cup of finely chopped onion and 1 minced garlic clove.
- Saute that for a few minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add half a cup of chopped carrots into the skillet and stir them for about three to four minutes.
- Now bring the heat up to high and toss in 1 pound of chopped chicken breasts and keep mixing the meat until it’s fully cooked through.
- Now add 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and stir for a few minutes until no more patches of dry flour appear.
- Now you can pour in 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth and half a cup of heavy cream.
- Stir that all together and let the sauce come to a simmer.
- Then add 1/4 teaspoon of thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt, then continue stirring the spices for another few minutes to let the ingredients infuse together.
- Now add 1/2 a cup of frozen peas and 1/2 a cup of frozen corn and then let that come to a simmer once more.
- Take out eight four ounce ramekins and fill them with the chicken pot pie filling.
- Now you want to place your thought puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out eight circles.
- So I just place it on top of the puff pastry and kind of push it to leave a slight. Indent and then you take it off and then you want to trace the circle around it leaving about a half inch border. Now you can take your cut out circles of puff pastry and place them directly over each filled ramekin.
- Now you can make the egg wash by combining one large egg with a teaspoon of water.
- Then give it a good whisk then generously brush it over each pot pie using a pastry brush.
- Then you want to bake your mini chicken pot pies in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes.
- Your Chicken Pot Pie is ready!