Schnitzel are thinly sliced pieces, e.g. B. consist of boneless meat and which are usually also beaten flat with a meat mallet (flat iron) or pressed flat with a meat roller, which makes the meat more tender by breaking up the muscle fibers. In Switzerland, Schnitzel are also called Plätzli.
Learn how to make a Chicken Schnitzel with Parsley Potatoes in a simple and easy way!
Chicken Schnitzel with Parsley Potatoes
What’s up everyone welcome back to Flavours By Tinski. Today I’m taking you to the Viennese cuisine to share a culinary inside of my beautiful hometown Vienna.
Austria’s favourite dish: Schnitzel with Parsley Potatoes. So let’s get it started!
½ kilo chicken breast
- PARSLEY POTATOES
1 ½ kilo potatoes
- For our parsley potatoes we wash them and put them on the stove with the skin on and let them boil for 30 minutes.
- Slice the chicken breast in thin slices however we want the schnitzel to be thinner, therefore take a plastic lunch bag, place a slice of meat in it, use the flat side of a mallet to pound the breast thinly until they have a uniform thickness.
- Place all the pounded meat on a plate, set up two large plates and one big shallow bowl. In your first plate put the flour, in your bowl beat the eggs together until well mixed.
- In your second plate put the bread crumbs, now dip each piece of meat one by one into your breading bowls.
- First dredge with flour, next dip the flour breast in egg until well coated and finally place the breasts into the plate of breadcrumbs. Repeat the process for the remaining meat.
- Take a pan and pour some vegetable oil in, it it’s important to heat up the pan on a medium temperature otherwise the breading is done and the meat raw. When the oil has the right temperature, the schnitzel will absorb very little oil and cook up light and crisp. Flip them a couple of times until golden brown.
- Set the schnitzel aside and now on to the side dish. Pour the water into the sink and rinse the cooked potatoes with cold water and let it rest for a bit.
- Start peeling them and slice the potatoes into half, then heat up the pan with some butter season it with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes and sprinkle the parsley on top. That’s it! Simply amazing schnitzel with parsley potatoes. Serve it hot with some lingonberry jam and a slice of lemon.
- Your Chicken Schnitzel with Parsley Potatoes is ready!