The ganache is a preparation that is made up of hot cream mixed with chocolate in equal parts. as in the opera cake. The ganache can be more or less dark, soft or firm, depending on the proportion of chocolate and cream used in its preparation. It is also made with white chocolate. It can be flavored with vanilla, mocha, rum or various liqueurs.
Learn how to make Ganache with this simple and easy recipe!
The filling we’re going to be making for our Chocolate Macarons is super simple. We’re going to be making a Chocolate Ganache!
8 ounces (227 grams) of really high quality chocolate
1/2 a cup (115 grams) of whipping cream, and then
a tablespoon (13 grams) of vanilla extract
- Take a pot and fill it a quarter of the way up with water.
- Put it on the stove on medium-high heat and let it boil.
- Once it’s boiling, turn it down to medium heat and with a heat-safe bowl, combine your chocolate, whipping cream, and vanilla extract, and put it over the pot.
- Let everything melt and then stir it well.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Your Ganache is ready!