Molten chocolate cake is a popular dessert that combines the elements of a flourless chocolate cake and a soufflé. Other names used are chocolate lava cake and chocolate volcano.
Chocolate Lava Cake
Check out the ingredients needed to make your Chocolate Lava Cake!
6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
6 tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Grease and flour 6 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract until light and frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Sift the flour over the batter and gently fold it in until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges are set but the centers are still soft.
- Allow the cakes to cool for a minute or two, then carefully invert them onto serving plates.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.