Chocolate Mousse is a rich and creamy dessert made with chocolate, eggs, cream, and often sugar and flavorings. It’s typically served chilled and can be made into individual portions or in a larger serving dish.
It is often described as having a light and airy texture, with a deep chocolate flavor.
4 oz. dark chocolate
3 large eggs
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
Pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until light and frothy, about 3-5 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy cream and salt until stiff peaks form.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, then gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the mousse into a serving bowl or individual dishes and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.