I’m showing you how to make Five Ingredient Homemade Chocolate Pudding!
The Chocolate Pudding takes just 5 ingredients to make your own chocolate pudding at home, and let me tell you what… it puts that instant stuff to shame!
It’s so much more rich and decadent and delicious. You’re gonna love it!
2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- We’re gonna start by melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once the butter is melted sprinkle in 4 teaspoons of cornstarch and we’re gonna whisk this in to combine with the butter and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of heavy cream and 1/4 cup of sugar, and we’re gonna whisk this and increase the heat to medium-high and bring it to a simmer.
- You want to whisk this constantly so that nothing catches and burns. Just as it comes to a simmer the cream will start to thicken.You can see the little bubbles starting to form and the mixture has gotten really thick so we’re gonna remove this from the heat.
- Set this down and then add in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- We’ll whisk this in until it’s melted.
- Transfer this all to a bowl to cool.
- Now in order to prevent that film or skin from forming on top you’ll want to place a plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding, and I just lightly press it on top so that it’s not exposed to any air.
- Then we’re gonna let this chill in the fridge for about one hour.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream into a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to whip it up, and if you want to sweeten it up you can also add in about 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar.
- Once you’ve got stiff peaks your whipped cream is done.
- Once my chocolate pudding has cooled off I’ll add on a dollop of whipped cream.
- Your Chocolate Pudding is ready!