Learn how to make a Cilantro Lime Orzo Pasta Salad for lunch and dinner!
Cilantro Lime Orzo Pasta Salad
For your Cilantro Lime Orzo Pasta Salad to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step method of preparation.
This is an elevated sophisticated take on pasta salad.
It’s perfect for warm weather events like picnics and barbecues.
8 oz. orzo pasta
2 limes, juiced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
salt and pepper, to taste
- We’re going to start by cooking 8 ounces of orzo pasta.
I’m gonna pour it into some boiling water and cook it according to the package directions, which will take, for this one, about 9 minutes.
- Once your pasta has cooked drain it and rinse it with cold water.
- Next we’re going to put together our dressing.
This starts with the juice from 2 limes, 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, just whisk this together.
- Next we’re going to take that cooked and cooled pasta and pour it into a bowl.
- Get it all in there, and we’re going to pour our dressing over this.
- Give it a quick stir.
- Add an entire cup of chopped fresh cilantro, and then we have a diced red bell pepper, you want to keep that a small dice since the orzo is so small, some halved grape or cherry tomatoes, and then a whole bunch of sliced green onions, and I use only the green parts because I like to keep it pretty, and that’s also about a cup, maybe 3/4 of a cup, and then stirring this together, we’re done.
- Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings to your own personal preferences by adding more salt and pepper to whatever your desired level is.
- Store this in the fridge and let it cool off completely before serving.
- Your Cilantro Lime Orzo Pasta Salad is ready!