A cottage pie is a British dish consisting of a layer of minced beef covered in mashed potatoes.
For your Cottage Pie to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
500g Coles Australian No Added Hormones 4 Star Beef Mince
2 cups (240g) frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup (35g) gravy powder
1 cup (250ml) Coles Real Beef Stock
2 x 350g pkts Coles Crème Royale Mashed Potato
- Start by preheating the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add beef mince and cook for 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps. Keep cooking until the mince changes colour.
- Now add mixed vegetables to the pan and stir for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are heated through.
- Sprinkle over the gravy powder and pour in stock.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, giving it a stir occasionally.
- Spoon the mixture into a round ovenproof dish.
- Place mashed potato in a bowl and break it up with a fork until it’s almost smooth.
- Spoon mash evenly over the mince mixture.
- Then just pop it in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
- Your Cottage Pie is ready!