I’m showing you how to make Easy Cucumber Salad.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat cucumbers.
It has a vinegary bite, a little bit of sweetness, a little bit of salty!
It is so good!
For your Cucumber Salad to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup distilled white vinegar
½ cup water
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- To start you’ll need an English cucumber, and I have cut off both of the ends and discarded those.
- Then we’re going to take a sharp knife and make super thin slices of cucumber.
- Take all your slices and transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
- Once you have them all in the mixing bowl you’ll want to season them with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- To make the vinegar sauce you’ll need 1 cup of white distilled vinegar. Pour that into a small saucepan along with 1/2 cup of water, and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Give it a stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Once you have a clear liquid again turn off the heat and set it aside.
- Moving back over to our cucumbers you can see that a lot of liquid has been released in the bottom. You’ll want to drain off all of that excess liquid.
- Next we’re going to add in 1 sliced red onion.
- You’ll also want to add in 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped dill.
- Then we’re going to take our hot vinegar mixture and pour it over.
- Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Your Cucumber Salad is ready!