The daiquiri or daiquiri is a frozen cocktail made with white rum, lemon or lime juice, and sugar. Traditionally, it does not include decoration, or in any case a slice of green lemon. Although its consensual origin is attributed to the city of Santiago de Cuba, the Daiquirí was certainly popularized in the Floridita bar in Havana, nicknamed “the cradle of the Daiquirí”.
Learn how to make your Daiquiri in a simple and easy way with this recipe!
For your Daiquiri to be perfect, check the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
60ml (2 oz) Bacardi Carta Blanca rum
20ml (2/3 oz) fresh lime juice
10ml (1/3 oz) cane sugar syrup
Lots of ice
- Cut a small strip of lime zest off your lime with as little pith as possible, so you want the aromatic oils but not too much bitterness;
- Then cut and squeeze your lime;
- Put all of your ingredients into the shaker including your lime zest;
- Fill your shaker tin fill with as much ice as you can fit in there;
- Shake hard and for a little longer than you think you should;
- Your Daiquiri is ready!