Learn how to make a Durban Mutton Curry recipe for your lunch and dinner. It’s very tasty!
Durban Mutton CurryCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
See the ingredients needed to prepare your recipe and follow the step-by-step preparation mode.
3-4 Tbsp Oil
2 inches Cinnamon Stick
1 Black Cardamom
1 Star Anise
2 Bay Leaves
2 Onions (sliced)
10-12 curry Leaves
1 tbsp Ginger Paste
1 tbsp Garlic Paste
750 Gms Mutton
2 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Fennel Seeds Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Tomatoes (boiled & puréed
2 potatoes (cut in half)
1 Ltr Water
- I’m going to heat 3 to 4 tbsp of Oil.
- Once the oil is hot, I’m going to add 2-inch stick of Cinnamon, 1 Black Cardamom, 1 Star Anise, and 2 Bay Leaves.
- And once these spices release their aroma, I’m going to add 2 medium onions that I have sliced.
- Add A spring of Curry Leaves. And let’s saute these onions to a beautiful golden brown colour.
- The onions have got fried crisp and golden, I’m going to add a tbsp of Ginger paste.
- A tbsp of Garlic paste, just sauté this till the raw smell goes off.
- To this, I’m going to add 3/4 kg of Mutton.
- And I’m going to sear the meat for 3 to 4 minutes on a high flame.
- The colour of the meat has changed, It’s got a beautiful brown colour to it.
- Let’s add the spices.
- I’m going to add 2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- A tsp of Fennel Seed Powder.
- A tsp of Garam Masala Powder.
- A pinch of Turmeric.
- And just let’s quickly mix this.
- It’s time to add the Tomato Puree.
- Here I have boiled 2 Tomatoes medium size.
- And I have just simply ground into a paste.
- Let’s add this.
- So here I have 2 medium size Potatoes… which I have halved with the skin on. I’m going to add this as well.
- These are pretty large potatoes.
- Let’s add a litre of water to this.
- Salt to taste.
- Give it a good stir.
- Now let’s cover this and slow cook the meat till it’s done, Which will approximately take about 45 minutes to an hour.
- We had kept the mutton to cook for almost 45 minutes, I’m just going to check if the meat is cooked.
- The meat is off the bone.
- It’s cooked really well.
- Let’s shut the flame and remove this Durban Mutton Curry in a serving bowl.
- What an amazing aroma! The Durban Mutton Curry is ready to be served.