Learn how to make Fish Tacos in a simple, easy and fast way with this recipe!
I’m showing you how to make Easy Fish Tacos.
These fish tacos are super easy to make.
There’s no frying required.
They’re light, they’re healthy, and they are super delicious!
1 pound white fish (mahi mahi, flounder, tilapia, grouper, etc)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1/2 red onion, diced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
1/2 cup guacamole (optional)
2 limes, quartered
8 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- To start we’re going to make a little quick marinade. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup olive oil with the juice of 1 lime, so 2 tablespoons, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, and then a little bit of salt and black pepper.
- And then whisk it together.
- Just place your fish in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over, and then I also sprinkle on some jalapeño, and a little bit of freshly chopped cilantro.
- Then pop this in the fridge and let it marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the fish directly into a hot skillet over medium-high heat.
- Now fish cooks really fast, so I like to cook it for 3-4 minutes on the first side, and then give it a flip and finish it cooking on the other side, which will take another 2 -3 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your fish.
- Start compiling your tacos with some fish in either flour or corn tortillas.
- And I like to load mine up with the fish so you make sure you know the fish is in there.
Next we’re going to add on a little bit of slaw.
I’ve just put some red wine vinegar and salt and pepper on some plain shredded cabbage.
I love the little bite of acidity that it gives these tacos.
Then we’ll finish it off by adding on some red onion, a little bit of tomato, and then I like to finish it off with a little bit of freshly chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze on a little fresh lime juice just before serving and you are ready to eat!