French toast, is a dish made from a slice of bread (usually several days old) that is soaked in milk, syrup or wine and, after being battered in egg, is fried in a pan with oil. It is sweetened with honey, molasses or sugar and is flavored with cinnamon.
Learn how to make your French Toast with this great and easy recipe!
To make your French Toast, use the ingredients from the list and follow the step-by-step preparation mode.
2 pieces of thick sliced bread (whatever bread you like)
2 Tbsp of Milk
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- Crack our egg and add it to this bowl.
- Add milk.
- Add our vanilla extract.
- And it winds up being about one egg, per two pieces of toast. Go ahead and put it in there, and mix it all around, both sides, and I am going to set it right here.
- Ok we turn our stovetop on, in between medium and medium high. And then once our skillet is hot, add butter and wait for it to melt.
- Add the bread slices;
- Turn to fry the other side (about a minute
and a half per side);
- Add butter on top;
- All right, now what we do is we add our toppings, I am going to do a classic maple syrup and powdered sugar.
- French toast is done!