The spring roll, spring roll or chun kun, similar to the lumpiá, is a roll made from a paste filled with different julienne-style chopped vegetables and some minced meat mixed together. Introduced in the West thanks to the enormous diffusion of Chinese food that Chinese restaurants have made in the main capitals of the world.
Make This Fried Spring Rolls Recipe!
Fried Spring Rolls
For your Fried Spring Rolls to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the preparation instructions.
1 lb ground chicken thighs
1 medium cabbage (about 32 oz)
1/3 cup diced celery
1 carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
3/4 cup onion
3 oz uncooked rice noodles
About 35 spring roll wraps
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
Canola oil for frying
- Let’s get started by blanching 1 shredded medium cabbage about 32 ounces and boiling water. You want to submerge it for about 5 minutes then drain it immediately.
- Next you’ll need to submerge 3 ounces of uncooked bean threads in boiling water and let them sit for about 5 minutes as well. Then drain immediately and cut through the bean threads using kitchen shears. Then set that aside.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small skillet over a medium-high heat. Then saute 3/4 cup chopped onion and 1/3 cup of chopped celery. Until they become translucent.
- A large bowl combine the drained cabbage, the bean threads, a cup of shredded carrot, the sauteed vegetable, 1 pound of ground chicken thighs, a teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 a teaspoon of pepper. Now you want to combine everything thoroughly.
- Next, you’ll need to lay each thawed spring roll wrap with one corner facing you and brush the edges with a little bit of water.
- Place about 2 heaping tablespoons of the filling in the center of each wrap then fold the bottom corner up over the mixture.
- Now fold the left and right corners towards the center and continue to roll.
- Fill a heavy-bottomed pot with about 2 inches of canola oil and bring the heat to high.
- Then fry each spring roll for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until they become nice and golden brown.
- Once they’re done place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil
- Your Fried Spring Rolls is ready!