Salmon and trout are marine and freshwater fish (euryhalin) of the salmonid family distributed throughout the oceans and seas of most of the world, with some species only living in freshwater in Europe and Asia. Its name comes from the Latin psalm, which is how these fish were called in ancient Rome.As for genetics they are close relatives of the salmon and Pacific trout (the genus Oncorhynchus), and have a similar anatomy, although the analysis Mitochondrial DNA has shown differences between these two genera.
Learn how to make a simple, easy and delicious Garlic Herb Baked Salmon recipe!
Garlic Herb Baked Salmon
I’m showing you how to make Easy Garlic Herb Baked Salmon.
This salmon recipe is super easy to put together and it’s also really tasty too.
1 salmon filet
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- Add in 3 cloves of crushed garlic;
- Add ½ teaspoon salt;
- Add ½ teaspoon dried basil;
- Add ½ teaspoon dried oregano;
- Add ½ teaspoon black pepper;
- Whisk this all together;
- Lay a piece of aluminum foil onto a baking sheet and then spray it with some nonstick cooking spray.
- Add 1 salmon filet;
- Then I’ll take our little sauce that we made and drizzle it right over the top and I’ll spread it out over the fish;
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley;
- Add a couple of lemon slices;
- Then we’re going to take the foil and gently pull it up over the sides of the salmon to sort of wrap it just loosely;
- Bake this in a 375 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until your salmon flakes easily with a fork;
- Your Garlic Herb Baked Salmon is ready!