Learn how to make Gingerbread Cookies (Christmas Cookies) with this simple and easy-to-make recipe!
Gingerbread Cookies (Christmas Cookies)
Your Gingerbread Cookies will be perfect if you use the ingredients below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
Softened butter – 100g
Powdered sugar (or sugar) – 100g
Egg – 1 pc.
Honey – 2 tablespoons
Flour – 300 g (2 cups)*
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Ginger (powder) – 1/2 tsp
Egg white – 1 pc.
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Powdered sugar – 160-180 g (1 cup)
- In a bowl, add Softened butter – 100 g. and Powdered sugar (or sugar) – 100 g.
- If you use sugar, then you need to beat for a longer time until completely dissolved.
- Add Egg – 1 pc.
- Add Honey – 2 tablespoons.
- Add Sifted flour – 300 g (2 cups).
- Add Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Add Cinnamon – 1 tsp.
- Ginger (powder) – 1/2 tsp.
- The dough should be soft, but not sticky to your hands.
- In the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- While you are working on the first part of the dough, send the second to the refrigerator.
- Roll out into a layer 3-5 mm.
- Transfer gently to a baking sheet.
- Make holes with a tube so that you can hang it on the Christmas tree.
- Baking time – 5-7 minutes 180C (350F).
- Let it cool completely.
- In a bowl, add Egg white – 1 pc.
- Add Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp (to make the glaze whiter).
- Powdered sugar – 160-180 g (1 cup) gradually while beat, to such a consistency.
- Decorate as desired. The glaze solidifies completely in 30-60 minutes.
- Your Gingerbread Cookies is ready!