Halloumi is a cheese originating from Cyprus. It is traditionally made with a mixture of goat and sheep milk, although you can find halloumi from cow’s milk. Industrially made halloumi has more cow’s milk than goat and sheep milk. This change in the proportion reduces the cost but changes the flavor, as well as its properties when grilled.
Check out a simple and easy Grilled Halloumi Salad recipe!
Grilled Halloumi Salad
To make your Grilled Halloumi Salad recipe, use the ingredients from the list and follow the step-by-step preparation mode.
60g spinach leaves
8 cherry tomatoes
1 ripe avocado
40g Halloumi cheese
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp ground oregano
Salt to taste
- Chop 8 cherry tomatoes;
- Peel a ripe avocado and cut into slices;
- Cut into slices 40 g Halloumi cheese;
- Squeeze fresh juice of 1 orange;
- Add salt to taste, ½ tsp ground oregano, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp wholegrain mustard and stir;
- Fry the Halloumi cheese over medium heat on both sides until golden brown;
- Add avocado slices, chopped cherry tomatoes and toasted Halloumi cheese;
- On a plate, add 60g spinach leaves, avocado slices, chopped cherry tomatoes and toasted Halloumi cheese;
- Add Season salad with orange sauce;
- Delicious Halloumi cheese salad is ready!