Gulab-yamun is a sweet from Pakistani cuisine and Indian cuisine, made with a dough, in which its main ingredients are khoya (condensed milk by evaporation) and maida (flour), and which is then fried in oil in the form of little balls. Later, they are put in a syrup made with water, sugar, rose water, cardamom and colored with a few strands of saffron that give it the characteristic red color.
In English it is written gulab jamun, but the letter jot is pronounced as in the English name John.
Make a Gulab Jamun with this simple and easy recipe!
I’am going to show you how to prepare gulab jamun at home.
Check the necessary ingredients and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
1 cup powder milk
half cup all purpose flour
half spoon crushed cardamom
one spoon ghee
half cup warm milk
1 cup of water
1 and half cup sugar
- In a bowl, add 1 cup powder milk;
- Add half cup all purpose flour;
- Add half spoon crushed cardamom;
- Add one spoon ghee;
- Mix everything nicely;
- Add half cup warm milk little by little;
- We need to make soft dough;
- Now our dough is ready, i will cover this and keep this as is for half an hour;
- Add 1 cup of water in a pan;
- Add 1 and half cup sugar;
- Add two cardamoms;
- Now cook until is it sticky and heavy;
- Take a little piece and make a ball out of it;
- Add oil in the pan;
- Cook until it is brown;
- Add this to sugar syrup;
- Cover this and leave it for 1-2 hours;
- Your Gulab Jamun is ready!