Harissa is a hot sauce and is one of the most common ingredients in Maghreb cuisine, especially that of Tunisia, as well as Middle Eastern cuisine.
Learn how to make your Harissa Sauce with this simple and easy to make recipe!
For your Harissa Sauce to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step method of preparation.
7-8 Hot red peppers
1 Red pepper
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp caraway
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil to preserve
- Boil 6 to 7 Red hot pepper and 1 Red pepper;
- In a skillet, add Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp;
- Add Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp;
- Add Caraway seeds – 1/2 tsp;
- Roast for 2 minutes;
- Remove the skin and seeds from the red pepper;
- In a blender, add the peppers, red pepper, roasted seeds, 1 tomato, 5 garlic, 1 onion, 1/2 lemon juice and 1 tsp of sal;
- Your Harissa Sauce is ready!