Jambalaya is a very typical dish of Cajun gastronomy. Its base is rice and its main ingredients are chicken, raw ham, prawns and a lot of pepper. There is also in Provence a specialty called Jambalaia made of rice with chicken and saffron.
Learn how to make a low carb Healthy Jambalaya recipe!
Healthy Jambalaya (low carb)
To make this Healthy Jambalaya low carb, select the ingredients listed below and follow the step-by-step preparation mode.
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
- In a large pot heat a little avocado or olive oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced sausage and cook until browned on both sides, stirring occasionally. Remove the sausage to a plate.
- Add a little more oil, then your garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery.
- Sauté until softened, about five to seven minutes over a medium heat.
- Next add your Cajun seasoning, starting with one and half tablespoons black pepper, salt and cayenne pepper to the pot, stir.
- Then add tomatoes, chicken broth and sausage to the pot, stir again.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low, simmer for 25 to 35 minutes or until thickened, and liquid is reduced.
- Finally, stir in your shrimp and cauliflower rice, cook on low stirring regularly until the rice is heated through, and the shrimp turn pink and are no longer translucent. Don’t overcook the shrimp.
- Ladle into bowls and top with sliced green onions and parsley.
- Serve with Louisiana hot sauce.
- Your Healthy Jambalaya (low carb) is ready!