Learn how to make Healthy Zucchini Bread with this simple, easy and quick recipe!
Healthy Zucchini Bread
I’m showing you how to make Healthy Zucchini Bread.
Zucchini bread is a great way to sneak in those veggies, so I like to keep mine healthy by replacing the sugar and oil that’s traditionally in zucchini bread.
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup honey
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup grated zucchini
- Start by preheating an oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease an 8×4 inch bread pan.
- Then take a rinsed zucchini, and you want to grate about 1 cup of zucchini.
- To measure out 1 cup you just want to pack it tightly into a measuring cup.
- For the batter you’ll need 1 cup of all purpose flour, and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Add 1 cup of honey.
- Then we’ll add in 1/2 cup of applesauce, and you want to make sure you buy the unsweetened kind.
- Add 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Add in that whole cup of grated zucchini, and you kind of have to scrape it out because we packed it in nice and tight.
- Transfer to a 8 inch by 4 inch bread pan.
- Then we can bake this in the 325 degree oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Your Healthy Zucchini Bread is ready!