Chili con carne is a thick and quite spicy soup. The main ingredients that characterize it are meat (pork or beef) or textured soy in its vegetarian version, chili and beans.
Check out a great homemade chilli recipe.
Homemade ChilliCuisine: Mexican
To make your homemade Chilli, you will need the following ingredients from the list below. Follow the preparation mode step-by-step.
2lb of ground beef
1/4 cup of green bell pepper
1/4 cup of red bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic
2 stalks of celery
1 14.5 oz of diced tomato
16 oz of tomato paste
1 cup of beef broth
1 jalapeno pepper
1 15 oz of chili beans
1 15 oz kidney beans
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of cumin
2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
2 tsps of black pepper
- In a frying pan add the ground beef and season with one tsp of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper;
- Allow the meat to brown for 6 minutes then drain off the fat and set aside for later;
- In another frying pan, add the olive oil, celery, onions, red and green bell peppers and jalapeno peppers and saute for 5 minutes;
- Next add the ground beef, diced tomato, tomato paste, and beef broth, and mix well;
- Now add the garlic, chilli powder, oregano, cumin, and the remaining of the salt and pepper, and mix well;
- Lastly add the kidney beans and chili beans, mix and cover, allow the chili to cook on low heat for 2 hours stirring occasionally;
- After two hours removed from heat and your chili is ready to serve!