Learn how to make Ginger Beer at home, in a simple and easy way!
Homemade Ginger Beer
For your Ginger Beer to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list below and follow the step-by-step preparation method.
2 tbsp grated ginger
3/4 cup sugar (or 1 cup for more sweetness)
7 1/2 cups water
1/8 tsp of yeast (a little goes a long way)
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp grated ginger;
- Add 3/4 cup sugar (or 1 cup for more sweetness);
- Add 7 1/2 cups water;
- Heat/Stir until sugar dissolves (Medium-High Heat);
- Remove from heat and cover for 1 hour;
- Pass through the colander;
- Let syrup cool for 15-20 minutes;
- Pour syrup into 2 liter bottle;
- Add 1/8 teaspoon;
- Add 1 lemon juice;
- Add 7 cups water;
- Store at room temperature for 48 hours;
- Squeeze out excess air;
- Close the bottle;
- It’ll be replaced by carbon dioxide;
- Your Homemade Ginger Beer is ready!