Want to learn how to make delicious, simple and easy Mac and Cheese in your Instant Pot? Check out this recipe!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
For your Instant Pot Mac and Cheese to be perfect, use the ingredients from the list and follow the step-by-step preparation mode.
16 ounces elbow noodles (about 4 cups)
4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons mustard (stone ground mustard preferred)
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup heavy cream or half and half
- To start off get your pressure cooker out and put it on your counter.
- Add in 16 ounces of macaroni noodles, or any other shape that your heart desires.
- Then add 4 cups of chicken broth, use low-sodium chicken broth if you prefer.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of stone ground mustard, and 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and give it a good stir until that black pepper and mustard is well dispersed.
- Place the lid on and make sure that it is secure.
- Then we’re gonna put it on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- While that is cooking we’re gonna grate 3 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Once your pressure cooker is done cooking, carefully release the pressure valve.
- Then carefully remove the lid and then add in 3 cups of cheese.
- Then add in 1/2 cup of heavy cream or half and half.
- Stir this altogether until that cheese has melted and it becomes nice and creamy.
- At this point if you want your sauce a little less thick, feel free to add another 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Your Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is ready!