Let’s make Italian Shortbread Cookies with this simple and easy recipe?
Italian Shortbread Cookies
Check the ingredients needed to prepare your Italian Shortbread Cookies and follow the instructions for the preparation method.
195 g all-purpose flour (1 cup + 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp)
120 g salted butter (1/2 cup)
80 g powdered sugar
500 g fruit (17.6 oz)
2 tbsp honey
lemon zest (optional)
- Start by mixing the flour and the powdered sugar with cold butter and lemon zest.
- Add 2 yolks.
- Mixture with my hands try to work quickly.
- Once you see that the pieces are evenly moist make a rectangular piece.
- Cover in saran wrap and let it rest in the fridge for about an hour or more.
- Slightly flour the counter and roll out the dough.
- Cut out the cookies.
- Set them on a pan with a baking sheet or some parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven at 340 fahrenheit or 170 celsius.
- Bake them for about 10 to 12 minutes let them cool down a bit before filling them up.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar.
- Add jam to the bottom cookies.
- Put them together.
- Your Italian Shortbread Cookies is ready!