Learn how to make lemon curd in a simple, easy and fast way with this recipe!
For your lemon curd to be perfect, follow the preparation instructions and use the ingredients from the list.
You can enjoy it on all sorts of different baked goods and pastries and it’s really easy to make.
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
9 egg yolks
3/4 cup unsalted butter
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine 1 cup of sugar with 3/4 cup of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.
- We’re gonna stir this until the mixture is hot but not yet coming to a simmer.
- Grab your egg yolks and set them to the side. We’re going to get a little set up here so we can temper the eggs before adding them into the rest of the mixture.
- I’m gonna whisk the egg yolks so that they are first all combined, then I’ll take some of the hot lemon mixture and pour just a little bit in and whisk this, you want to do this all really fast, I’ll add in just a little bit more, whisk this all in, which tempers the eggs.
- So that then you can add the egg yolks back in and you won’t end up with scrambled eggs.
- Then we’re gonna add in all of that butter and whisk this until the butter is just melted in staying over that medium heat.
- After about 2 minutes you’ll remove it from the heat and pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into your little jars.
- Your Lemon Curd is ready!