Here’s a recipe to make manicotti at home:
Manicotti is a delicious Italian dish consisting of pasta tubes that are stuffed with a filling and baked with sauce and cheese.
1 box of manicotti pasta shells
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the manicotti shells according to the package instructions until they are al dente.
- Drain and rinse the shells with cold water, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into a piping bag or a large resealable plastic bag. Cut off the corner of the bag to create a 1-inch opening.
- Fill each manicotti shell with the cheese mixture, using the piping bag or plastic bag to squeeze the mixture into the tubes.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the manicotti, spreading it evenly to cover the pasta.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of the marinara sauce.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the manicotti cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!