Mashed potatoes or potatoes, sometimes simply called mashed potatoes, is a dish made from cooked and ground potatoes, as well as other ingredients. Mashed potatoes are considered in almost all cuisines that use it as a side dish, usually next to another small main dish made with meat or fish. Mashed potatoes are very popular in the kitchens of Northern Europe.
Learn how to make your healthy Mashed Potatoes with this simple and easy recipe!
I’m gonna teach you how to make a lighter kind with my healthy mashed potatoes.
They’re lower in calories and lower in fat since they’re made with low fat sour cream, but they’re still loaded in flavor.
2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
2 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh herbs like thyme, chives or parsley for serving
- In a pan with boiling water, add 2 pounds of chopped potatoes;
- Add salt;
- Add 4 garlic cloves;
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes (until the potatoes are fork tender);
- Drain the potatoes;
- So while everything is steaming hot, you want to go ahead and add everything in there and mash it all together;
- Add some vegetable broth, the butter and sour cream;
- Crush de potatoes;
- Add salt and pepper;
- Transfer to a bowl;
- Add a dollop of butter, and then you can season it with some chives and pepper.
- Your Mashed Potatoes is ready!