Miso soup is a Japanese soup prepared from a dashi broth and miso paste, which gives it its name. It has different ingredients and preparations depending on the region and the season in which it is made. In addition to suimono soup, it is one of the main dishes of Japanese cuisine.
Learn how to make a delicious Miso Soup with this simple and easy recipe!
Miso Soup (Japanese Soup)
To make your Miso Soup, you will need the ingredients from the list below. Follow the preparation instructions.
150 grams of firm tofu
40 grams of scallions or spring onions
10 grams of bonito flakes
10 grams of dried kombu seaweed
65 grams of yellow miso paste
- Prepare your mis en place by dicing the tofu in 5 millimeter dices and chopping the spring onions.
- In a large pot, add two liters of cold water and the dried kombu seaweed.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the bonito flakes which makes the dashi stock. Simmer this for 5 minutes.
- Strain the dashi to another pot.
- Add miso paste and whisk it well bringing this to a boil.
- Taste the soup.
- Take off the heat and serve the soup hot in an electric soup kettle.
- When serving the miso soup, mix together a portion of tofu and spring onions with the the miso soup as traditionally this is how it is served.
- Your Miso Soup is ready!