The mojito is a cocktail with rum, lime juice, cane sugar, sparkling water and mint with lots of ice. This one, like most rum-based cocktails, originated in Cuba. It may have originated there on the sugar plantations. The mojito was originally intended as a medicine.
Make a delicious and professional Mojito with this simple and easy to make recipe!
Check out the ingredients needed to make your Mojito and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar (Demerara sugar is nice)
1 cup water
½ ounce simple syrup
¾ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
10 fresh mint leaves
2 ounces light rum
1 to 2 ounces mineral water (or soda water)
- Add ice to a glass;
- Add 1 sugar cube;
- In a cocktail shaker, add 2 ounces light rum;
- Add ¾ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime);
- Add ½ ounce simple syrup;
- Add 10 fresh mint leaves;
- Add ice cubes;
- Shake for 15 seconds;
- Transfer the mojito to a glass;
- Add 1 to 2 ounces mineral water (or soda water);
- Your Mojito is ready!