No-bake cheesecake is a type of cheesecake that is prepared without baking in an oven. It is a simple and quick alternative to traditional baked cheesecake, which requires a longer cooking time. No-bake cheesecake recipes typically use a mixture of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and other ingredients to create a creamy and smooth filling. The crust for a no-bake cheesecake is often made with crushed graham crackers or cookies mixed with melted butter. The cheesecake sets and firms up in the refrigerator rather than through baking.
No-bake cheesecakes are popular because they require minimal effort and do not require any baking skills or equipment. They are often served chilled and can be flavored with various additions such as fruit, chocolate, or caramel. Some recipes incorporate gelatin to help the cheesecake set properly. Since no-bake cheesecakes do not rely on eggs for structure, they tend to have a lighter and creamier texture compared to their baked counterparts.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
Optional toppings: fresh fruit, fruit preserves, chocolate sauce, etc.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie dish to form the crust. Use the back of a spoon or a flat-bottomed glass to pack it down firmly. Place it in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the filling.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator and pour the cream cheese filling over the crust, spreading it out evenly.
- Smooth the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Return the cheesecake to the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Prior to serving, you can add your desired toppings such as fresh fruit, fruit preserves, or chocolate sauce.
- To serve, carefully remove the sides of the springform pan or slice and serve directly from the pie dish.