Oatmeal raisin cookies are a type of cookie made with rolled oats, raisins, and other ingredients. They are a popular variation of oatmeal cookies, which are known for their chewy texture and wholesome flavor. The dough typically contains ingredients such as butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, and spices like cinnamon or nutmeg.
To make oatmeal raisin cookies, the ingredients are combined to form a dough, and then spoonfuls of the dough are dropped onto a baking sheet and baked in the oven until golden brown. The raisins add a natural sweetness and a bit of chewiness to the cookies, complementing the hearty taste of the oats.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal raisin cookies are a classic treat and are enjoyed by many people as a delicious snack or dessert. They are often associated with home baking and are commonly found in bakeries, coffee shops, and supermarkets.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the rolled oats and raisins, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. You can flatten the dough slightly with the back of a spoon or your fingertips if desired.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, the oatmeal raisin cookies are ready to be enjoyed!