Dumplings are pieces of dough, sometimes filled, that are cooked in a liquid, such as water, soup or sweet dough wrapped over fruits, vegetables, meat or fish, and that can be baked. They are made with flour, potato, bread or matzo and can include meat, fish or sweet, both in filling and mixed with the dough, and can be sweet or spicy. They are eaten alone, in soup or stew, with gravy or other forms. While some recipes look like solid doughs cooked in water, like gnocchi, others look like meatballs with a thin crust, like wontons.
Learn how to make great Pan Fried Dumplings!
Pan Fried Dumplings
Pan Fried Dumplings is a great choice for your lunch and dinner. Check the necessary ingredients and follow the preparation mode step-by-step to make yours!
1.5 lbs Ground Pork
1 Piece Ginger
1 Bunch Green Onion
** 2 tsp Salt **
2 tbsp Sugar
1/4 Cup Water
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp Soy Sauce
White Pepper (to Taste)
227g Hot Water
454g All-Purpose Flour
- Chop up the cabbage, green onions and ginger. Make sure to chop it really finely for the ginger.
- Put the ground pork into the mixer, and mix until sticky consistency.
- Then split the water amount into 3 separate pours. Ensure each time, the pork absorbs all the water and the texture of it is combined and sticky.
- Once the pork is ready, add in all the chopped vegetables and seasoning. Then mix it all together.
- Mix until combined, around another minute or so. Then set aside.
- Pour in hot water that is around 70 degrees Celsius into the flour and mix.
- When the dough is stiffer, pour it out and knead it until smooth.
- Wrap it in saran wrap and let the dough rest for 20 minutes.
- Rip a piece of dough and roll it out into a log.
- Then divide it into even pieces.
- Press the dough so it is flattened, then roll it into a disc.
- Place the filling in the centre.
- Squeeze the ends together.
- Place the dumpling on the table to flatten the bottom.
- Pour in some oil. Pan-fry the dumplings in medium-low heat.
- Fry until the bottom of the dumplings are golden brown, and then pour in some water and let it cook.
- Your Pan Fried Dumplings is ready!